FINDERSKEEPERS 04 - London

Share good links, discuss about graffiti.

FINDERSKEEPERS 04 - London

Postby eko » April 10th, 2004, 6:48 pm

9.30am this morning a small group of street artists took to Londons circle
line to hold the fourth finders keepers event - FK04. Armed with pre painted
tube adverts we transformed the first three tube carriages into a moving
gallery- so if your in London, will you be lucky enough to be on the FK
train?
We dont know how long the tube cars will run so try your luck and get on the
London circle line [first three carriages ] to see some original one off
pieces at FK04......full pictures and more text next week....

enclosed is us off onto the tube and then ichi the bunny under the works of
PMH.....

eko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby g » April 10th, 2004, 7:09 pm

:lol: again "Lavoisier" effect....
just remember :

_SWOON in N.Y. metro :

_ABOVE in PARIS metro :

g
gold member
gold member

Postby pmh » April 11th, 2004, 3:55 pm

hey G,
we did that show because doing a show on the london underground was more interesting than staying in bed on a saturday morning watching tv. We wanted to do something creative with our morning off. London is boring, thats why we try and organise things to do rather than sit around bitching about the lack of shit happening. Its the punk ethic, if nothings happening, then get up and do something about it. We have many plans for this year and we did this event because the weather was real bad and rather than do nothing we could have this event event if it was raining.

With this event we NEVER claimed we were the first to hit the underground billboards, were not saying it was our idea we just wanted to show people what we did on saturday......so G is all graffitti the 'Lavoisier' effect that you love to quote? if someone does something creative that has been done before we shouldnt do it? because of the 'Lavoisier' effect.. even if your raising the stakes or perhaps, dare i say it, bettering the original version?
should nobody do stickers, posters, stencils, because someone has been there and done that before? no, as long as you dont claim your doing something first then its fine, if you try and claim that your the first person to have ever done it when your not - thats where theres a problem, abig problem...
its like street photography, can i laugh at your works and post the 'Lavoisier' effect on all your photos of paris because your work strikes me of bresson? no your work has great merit and i judge it on that. Your not the first to be documenting the streets, either urban landscape or graf photography, but your dope and i leave it at that, other wise i too could start quoting the 'lavoisier'effect at most people nowadays. shall i start seeing you posting the 'Lavoisier effect' after every other post? or is it just us? im interested...now g, i dont mean any malice or beef towards you, i respect you as an artist i just wanted to respond to your post which seemed like you were laughing, when i cant see why, and i wish you all the best with your current exhibition
pmh
burner
burner

Postby g » April 11th, 2004, 4:38 pm

.... :shock: .....
i didn't notice that the "Lavoisier effect" quote was negative...
i'm really sorry if i hurt you..it wasn't my goal....
i've never said that it's not allowed to make something already done...
i respect every kind of feeling, of behaviour, of interest, of capability, of mind, etc....

if people do some street stuff today it's the effect of our whole knowledge about his....

i'm never claim the thing you wrote : i'm not the first, i'm not the last, i'm only nobody, like you, like my and your friends, like everybody, like a small water drop in the ocean...

nevermind, i don't really understand your agressivity...when you compare my work to Bresson, i rather feel that positive...

so if i was you, if i could read a comparison with my work to swoon's or above's ones, don't you feel it like a congratulation ?
no you just follow your stupid human hormanal rules.....so i still don't understand you..... :?

at least thanks for your last work about my show..... :D

: sorry for the language mistake, i'm just a stupid froggie who's trying to english writing while french thinking....but you can't understand.... :lol:
g
gold member
gold member

Postby pmh » April 11th, 2004, 5:52 pm

hey no worries g, as i said before i didnt want or expect any beef. Starting a fight or anything negative was never my purpose, rather than responding to your post which for some reason effected me. I respect you, your work and your input, and im glad this didnt turn the way of most of the internet chat rooms - into silly name calling and swear words..lets shake hands and forget about this misreading...at times like this in the world, i think peace should be the order of the day - theres far toomuch fighting out there to let it spoil our little ekosystem and world of art.
i unfortuanlty did read it like the quote was negative, and im glad it wasnt...i have read many of your posts and have admired your work long enough to know your not that type of person at all [internet hater], it was just something i reacted to....but now everything is clear i am very happy, and im sorry if my response in anyway pissed you off [bloody aggressivity / hormones]!!! Lets forget this ever happened!
i am very honored that the event was compared to aboves or swoons shows - who wouldnt!!! and yes sometimes your work does remind me of bresson, and that itself is a great compliment, and one which you deserve...

oh and i mean it about your show - great work there and keep it up!

we the artists all are small drops in one big ocean like you said, but aint the ocean of street stuff beautiful? and the deeper the gets the better it is for everyone!

PS please dont ever aplogise about your language or being 'a froggy' - your english is far far better than my french!!! and id much rather be in paris than london!!!! :D
PPS drop me a PM with your address and ill send you some stickers & zines as a present....
pmh
burner
burner

Postby eko » April 11th, 2004, 6:25 pm

Some personal comments.

Lavoisier : " nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything changes "

It is pretty wrong now that we know Nuclear technologies. Things can be definitively destroyed.

Anyway, one of the reason why i don't like talking about Street Art but Graffiti. Is that Graffiti is an independant subculture with his own history. Graffiti is a collective movement and you are not supposed to do things that have never been done in the whole Art History. (whereas if you claim to be a street artist, your references are the official Art History and you are supposed to do things that haven't already be done).
eko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Flash Boï » April 12th, 2004, 1:58 pm

just to be sure I got your point eko:

To summarize it:
-Don't claim to be a street artist and just do what you want to do?
Flash Boï
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby Flash Boï » April 13th, 2004, 10:27 am

echo? echo? :roll:
Flash Boï
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby mwapa » April 13th, 2004, 3:22 pm

"eko?.... eko ?
qui es-tu ? .....qui es-tu?
je suis un schtroumpf et toi quel es ton nom?....quel est ton nom?"

sorry, it's just an joke for french people (amateurs de chansons ringardes à la chantal goya....)

.... :roll:
mwapa
burner
burner

Postby Flash Boï » April 13th, 2004, 3:30 pm

wowowowow :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Flash Boï
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby mjar » April 17th, 2004, 7:43 pm

Dave the Chimp has posted some new images from the Finkers Keepers 04 over at WOOSTERCOLLECTIVE today.

http://www.woostercollective.com

Also check out Airgoose1 buzznet log:

http://airgoose1.buzznet.com/user/?img=12&id=170397

and the buzznet log of Dist

http://dist.buzznet.com/user/?id=174461
http://dist.buzznet.com/user/?img=2&id=167714
mjar
burner
burner

Return to Graffiti links & discussions