Postby easteric » June 3rd, 2006, 9:21 pm

allo giddis!!!!
find on the web!!! 8)
http://www.fotolog.com/mejuan/?pid=19681550
easteric
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby beck » June 4th, 2006, 11:37 am

obey giant has been or is in town....he's left his mark and is getting no respect from me or others in Barcelona. All his stickers and posters are getting ripped and vandaled. I made my statement this morning...this campaign he has made is to sell product and not for art. My message to you Sheppard....get some corporate space in one of those cabinets made for the capitalist nazis that make our cities ugly and untolerable.
To the rest of you....much love and respect. ....jc

A way like an other to get fame: fight a more talented, active and known people than you.
beck
burner
burner

Postby ///EROSIE/// » June 6th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Obey the Giant for the liberation of armed muslim-women?

and a souvenir de paris :pour: :

///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby ZBS » June 14th, 2006, 3:44 pm

super expo !!!!!

son travail est vraiment parfait!!!!
ZBS
beginner
beginner

Postby eko » June 15th, 2006, 7:10 pm

So, after two years in the making Supply and Demand has finally arrived and I'm very happy with the results. This book is 350 pages, large format (9"x12") with a foil embossed cover. More than looking spiffy from the outside, it is mega-juicy on the inside. There are tons of images that have never been published as well as essays and interviews by Steven Heller, Carlo McCormick, Roger Gastman, Rob Walker, Helen Stickler, and me. This is the definitive case study, art book, bible of Obey Giant. I hope you dig it. All copies from the site are signed.

-Shepard

MOCA LA BOOK SIGNING THIS SATURDAY
Get a first look at the complete history of the art of Shepard Fairey this Saturday, June 17th at 3pm at the MOCA Book Event and Signing of Supply and Demand: The Art of Shepard Fairey. Shepard will be there in person signing books and dropping knowledge. Don't miss out! www.obeygiant.com

Ahmanson Auditorium
MOCA GRAND AVENUE Downtown
250 South Grand Ave (Between 1st and 3rd Streets)
LA, CA 90012
www.moca-la.org
Saturday, June 17th
3pm, FREE EVENT

For more pictures and info, please visit www.obeygiant.com

Publisher: Gingko Press
Page Count: 360pp
Size: 9.25 x 12
Notes: Hardcover, Color
Date Published: September 30, 2006

Book preview : http://www.obeygiant.com/supplyanddemand.html
Last edited by eko on June 16th, 2006, 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DIYorDIE » June 15th, 2006, 11:20 pm

"the art of shepard fairey" il se la pete pas un peu?????!
bon sinon ça a l'air de tout tuer ce bouquin hein!
DIYorDIE
king
king

Postby ///EROSIE/// » June 16th, 2006, 10:01 am

supply and demand...good title
///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby ///EROSIE/// » June 16th, 2006, 10:33 am

...but is it meant ironically? wow...

Ok..skip the OBEY-bashing...It's great to see an apparently high standard publication about S. Fairy...with words by Steven Heller a.o. it seems there is a serious breakthrough to the applied arts: a shift to a different world, one about imagery in applied publications like magazine, posters etc. OBEY seems to be choosing a different turn by focussing more and more on the subject-matter and skills of craftmanship. This seems understandable: at a older age it seems hard to keep on climbing fences putting up wheatpaste-posters...but ofcourse that also has been the power of the game, and by letting that go, what is left?

I wonder; is the art of his later posters taken for it's graphic-quality or the link to it's guerilla-background?

Isn't that an interesting thing happening in general: people wit a street-background finding their way in the "established" world...with or without their onetrick ponies...with or without a genuine quality, a strenght of adaptation, a power of mantaining artistic independence...or their background as freedom-fighting-guerilla-artists.

I wonder...for instance in this image...what do i see?

what does it represent? It doesn't have an apparent link to that annoying wrestler-image...It's also not a red-orange-black propaganda-style remake of a pop-idol-poster of some sort...so what does it mean? Is it again on artsitic attempt to re-invent the old-style japanese/oriental blockprinting-skills of eastethics and composition in a western way like so many artists did?
I wonder...it actually makes me curious! That is something I didn't experience for quite some time with Shepard Fairey's work! With or without a posh publication! :wink:
///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby DIYorDIE » June 16th, 2006, 11:25 am

well maybe Fairey's art is not just obey propaganda… anymore!
as you said, erosie, he grew up and maybe the constructivist facet is not the only thing he wants to do anymore…as an "established" artist… remember he started in 89… the only constant is change! :-)
DIYorDIE
king
king

Previous

Return to Paris