18th "Independent Arts"- Festival >Belgium + th

18th "Independent Arts"- Festival >Belgium + th

Postby Bétime » February 16th, 2006, 3:05 pm

STREET ART
> ::Hixtril:: (BE) / Sjors Trimbach (NL) / Pure Evil (UK) / Eugene & Louise (BE) / Noaz (E) / Josh MacPhee / justseeds.org (U.S.A.) / Vinnie Ray (U.S.A.) / M-City (PL) / Weestar (CN)

FINE ART
> unknown artist formally known as gassy recipe (BE) / Jimmy Fly & Dzia-Dzia (BE) / James Marr (E) / Matt Joyce (UK) / Ruben De Loof (B) / Chu Keng Fu (TW) / Joris Van Vossel (BE) / Bram Verstraeten (BE) / Christian Lindemann (DE) / Eline Van Eerdenbrugh (BE) / Sabina Romanin (IT) / Sammy Vandenberghe (BE) / I Like Drawing (UK) / Lorenzo Petrantoni (IT) / Available Art (PL) / Dzia-Dzia (BE) / Stijn Claikens (BE) / DsuDorion (BE) / Chica (BE)

MAIL-ART
> Guido Vermeulen (BE) / Marilyn Dammann (U.S.A.) / Rémy Penard (FR) / buZ blurr (U.S.A.) / Angela Netmail (DE) / John Held Jr. & Mike Dickau (U.S.A.) / Haje Homström (FI) / Ragged Edge Press (U.S.A.) / Pawel Petasz (PL) / Sztuka Fabryka (BE) / H.R. Fricker (CH) / The Sticker Dude (U.S.A.) /
> Mail-Art meeting: Rémy Penard (FR) / Karl-Friedrich Hacker (DE) / Peter Netmail (DE) / Dobrica Kamperelic (YU) / Reid Wood (U.S.A.) / Lynn Palmiter Jr. & Elizabeth Zois (U.S.A.) / Franziska Block (DE) / Stijn Hüwels (BE) / ...

SMALL PRESS
> Karl-Friedrich Hacker (DE) / Danny Hellman (U.S.A.) / Dzia-Dzia (BE) / Jenny Gonzalez (U.S.A.) / Garage Magazine (IT) / Polvo (U.S.A.) / Brad Simon (U.S.A.) / Kaasschaaf Uitgeverij (NL) / Bries (BE)

PERFORMANCE
> Karl-Friedrich Hacker (DE) / Peter Netmail (DE) / Ultima Occasio (YU) / Nele Antonovic, Gabriel Savic Ra and Lidija Anotonovic (YU) / Wannes Goetschalckx (BE) / Patrick Anderson-Mc.Quoid (IE) & Marina Miletic (BE)

VIDEO
> Documentary screening on Saturday "POPaganda" by Pedro Carvajal (U.S.A.) / Front (BE) / Taxonomy (IT) / Lane Last (U.S.A.) / Silvio De Gracia (AR) / Sinus Gunes & Nilde Safak (TR) / SU-EN (SE) / Zoran Dragelj (CA) / Jan Leenders (BE) / Myriam Thyes (DE) / Clemente Padin (UY) / Stijn Roelofs presents Justin Kees & Mike Clark (NL) / Studio Van Laar (NL) / Pure Evil (UK)

HOME TAPE
> Fear Falls Burning (vidnaObmana) (BE) / Kapotski (BE) / Formatt (BE) / Five Leaves Left (BE) / Anatole Stretch vs Nakamura (BE) / Jozefaleksandropedro (BE)

more info: www.sztuka-fabryka.be
Bétime
new comer
new comer

Postby LukeDaDuke » May 1st, 2006, 9:39 pm

Pics from the Eindhoven edition:
LukeDaDuke
burner
burner

Postby alexone » May 2nd, 2006, 5:16 pm

erosie rocks !!!!!!!!!
alexone
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby ehgz » May 3rd, 2006, 1:26 am

Here are some of the great achievements that Andre the Giant reached in his life:

Competed in six WrestleManias, during which he defeated Big John Studd in a special body-slam match, won a 20 man Battle Royal and head lined with Hulk Hogan.

Performed for a crowd of 90,000 people at the Pontiac Silver Dome for WrestleMania III.

During his career, Andre defeated opponents such as Hulk Hogan, Big John Studd and Bret Hart.

Won Pro Wrestling Illustrated Achievement Awards for Match of the Year in 1981 and 1988, and Most Popular Wrestler in 1977 and 1982.

Held titles in the International Wrestling Alliance, National Wrestling Alliance and World Wrestling Federation.

Was featured in Sports Illustrated on December 21, 1981.

Is still considered one of the most popular wrestlers of all time.

Starred in the popular movie Princess Bride as "Fezzik," the gentle giant.

First wrestler inducted into the WWF's Hall of Fame in 1993.

One of the first wrestlers inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Schenectady, New York.

;)
ehgz
burner
burner

Postby ///EROSIE/// » May 9th, 2006, 1:43 pm

:mdrII:

"During his career, Andre defeated opponents such as Hulk Hogan, Big John Studd and Bret Hart. "

Haha...anything but EASY!
///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby ehgz » May 9th, 2006, 2:41 pm

///EROSIE/// wrote::mdrII:

"During his career, Andre defeated opponents such as Hulk Hogan, Big John Studd and Bret Hart. "

Haha...anything but EASY!

just wanted to show you that we shouldn't let this posterboy overshadow the real greatness of a REAL LEGENDARY GIANT ;)
ehgz
burner
burner

Postby ///EROSIE/// » May 9th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Haha...i got the message, but the list is quite funny as much as it shows this cat used to have mad skills...although i never have been quite into american show-wrestling...

The whole idea of this exhibition image came from the fact that Shepard Fairey changed the old Andre image (the one where the whole campaign started with) into the smoother face, related to the word OBEY, after he was threatened by the family of the wrestler wit a lawsuit. After that the image got a different context. The smoother lines made it more into a corporate logo, ofcourse on top of the fact that it indeed became a logo used on tshirts, shoes, skatewheels, mugs, bedsheets, sportsocks, mousemats etc.etc.
To me this made me wonder what the late Andre the Giant would think of that...I used this illustration as a reference to the contemporary generation of streetartists that use one type of image over and over and seem to be mostly interested in making it into a brand of some sort, to use it as toys or skateboadrgraphics or whatever. To "obey" to that type of "streetart".

The "Independend Arts Festival" sponsored by Carhartt seemed the perfect opportunity for this image :wink:

///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby ehgz » May 9th, 2006, 4:08 pm

///EROSIE/// wrote:Haha...i got the message, but the list is quite funny as much as it shows this cat used to have mad skills...although i never have been quite into american show-wrestling...

The whole idea of this exhibition image came from the fact that Shepard Fairey changed the old Andre image (the one where the whole campaign started with) into the smoother face, related to the word OBEY, after he was threatened by the family of the wrestler wit a lawsuit. After that the image got a different context. The smoother lines made it more into a corporate logo, ofcourse on top of the fact that it indeed became a logo used on tshirts, shoes, skatewheels, mugs, bedsheets, sportsocks, mousemats etc.etc.
To me this made me wonder what the late Andre the Giant would think of that...I used this illustration as a reference to the contemporary generation of streetartists that use one type of image over and over and seem to be mostly interested in making it into a brand of some sort, to use it as toys or skateboadrgraphics or whatever. To "obey" to that type of "streetart".

The "Independend Arts Festival" sponsored by Carhartt seemed the perfect opportunity for this image :wink:

nice thinking indeed erosie......

i personally think the wrestler himself would have loved this extra free publicity... american wrestlers take part in these SHOWS just to get cheap fame innit?

Like you said, it is what most so called 'streetart' is about nowadays. it's come to the point that it's not even funny anymore how large groups of kids/ people decide to come up with their own simply drawn or photoshopped 'symbol', stick it on as many walls/ objects as you can and try to get famous and eventually make money (in their own sticker subculture) that way (offcourse they all have 'obey' posters above their beds and sleep under 'obey' bedsheets)... that is offcourse not 'streetart'. it's an epidemic hype...

like for instance WE keep on sticking and spraying this egghead figure actually just bacause we want to show how simple it can be to be recognised worldwide (mostly inside this streetart subculture offcourse). don't think we ever thought this was real ART... luckily we also have other (graphic) ways of expressing ourselves. sticking stickers has always been about fun (isn't it?) and nowadays more or less just commenting on this worldwide stickerhype.

groeten van een ustafutte loper ;)
ehgz
burner
burner

Postby around1 » May 21st, 2006, 8:25 am

Cool! :)
around1

Return to Benelux