want to have your art in a game?

want to have your art in a game?

Postby tommosaur » June 28th, 2007, 11:30 am

hello,
i´m Ugur Ister from an independant art & entertainment creation group called stimunation ( http://www.stimunationgames.com/ ).
we´re several coders,musicians and artists working togeteher on all sorts of stuff, mostly games.
To earn our living we do things for clients, when we can we just do things we want to make :-)
We´ve got several skaters in our team, we also like beatboxing and street art, so yeah, we thought we could make a game which features all that :-)
Right now we´re at the state that i coded a good part of the skating part in the game and we got mando (german beatbox champion) on board to do sfx and tunes for the game and now i´d like to add street art in the backgrounds.
The idea is that the backgrounds would be made up of photo collages of what street artists brought onto walls etc.
Each level´s backgrounds would showcase art from another artist (i think there´ll be 10 levels in total) so you´d explore all the art while skating around.
let me know f you´re into having your art featured in the game.
tommosaur
new comer
new comer

>>>>>>>>>

Postby *Inee* » June 29th, 2007, 5:35 am

:arrow: Oh man....I always had the intention to make a game.Long ago (2 or 3 years) I tried to make a game in Java (Hey...its a little game lol). So...can I collab with you?I havent collabored with someone for 4 months. It would be great to help you!

Message me if u want to.
*Inee*
king
king

Postby tommosaur » July 27th, 2007, 4:16 am

hey there all, i meanwhile got a few mails and started adding the first few things in.
There are still spots for more images/photos so if anyone is interested let me know :)

You can try a test version of the game here:
http://www.stimunationgames.com/kickflipAlpha03/

(The street art in it right now is temp and only for showing the idea :) )
tommosaur
new comer
new comer

Postby tommosaur » August 7th, 2007, 2:08 pm

hello all,
in case someone is interested, here´s an updated built:
http://www.stimunationgames.com/kickflipAlpha04/

This one allows to do more tricks (like you can do a nose manual by tapping -> <- on the ground and when doing that in landing moment you can use it to chain together air/grind and ground combos :) )

This version of the game also features actual street art by several artists, the first levels´ backgrounds are made up of art from Chase from his "Remember who you are" and "the Awareness Geezers" series for example :)
You can see names and links to projects of all street artists in the cred section of the game.

Sadly i couldn´t reach some artists like Banksy cause for obvious reasons they often don´t have mail addresses or don´t reply to mails by people they don´t know.
That makes it quite difficult to reach most so if you are one or know one and think the idea of having street art in a game like this is cool, please let me know :)
tommosaur
new comer
new comer

Postby tommosaur » August 13th, 2007, 5:36 pm

hey there all, just wanted to let you know that the game is online now :)
http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=18111

Its funny, as i didn´t make this game for a single specific client initially i didn´t fear any client restrictions so i just added things i like like beatboxing sound and street art. Funnily when i recently showd the game to Wrigley´s (one of our clients for whom we do contract work in between), they loved the game for exactly those things i added because i didn´t fear client restrictions =D
They wanted to have the game right away and now its online on their site here: http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=18111

As i said the game features backgrounds by several artists, like walls made up of pictures from Chase´s awesome "Remember who you are" series

or the not less wicked photo collages from Anastasia Muna´s Project Chimera Series

which give those levels a very surreal feel =)
Visit the creds section for links to the artists´sites =)

The game also features several custom made tunes by 2 times german beatbox champion mando :) (You can select the one you want in the pre level screen =) )
There are also several beatboxing sfx, i think its especially funny that it builds up to a beatboxing tune when one lands a longer combo =)

On the gameplay side there are lots of tricks supported in the game, one can do tricks in air or grind and link those together with manuals on the ground.

Anyway, hope people like it and play it a lot because then we can do a second part later with propper budget where i´d like to add more tricks, more gameplay modes and also more art :-)

For now i hope you enjoy this :)
tommosaur
new comer
new comer

Return to World