BACKJUMPS, THE LIVE ISSUE #2, BERLIN

Postby d'invluensko » September 8th, 2005, 9:19 am

:english:
ahaaa!
thats stupid funny cool
:eleph:

..mm looks like it doesnt work on me this stuff..
d'invluensko
burner
burner

Postby pash* » September 8th, 2005, 9:23 am

and the worst is, , that the domain ObeyDjShadow tell absolutely everything... :D:D
pash*
writer
writer

Postby aeiou » September 8th, 2005, 9:57 am

///EROSIE/// wrote:But on the long term...what will artistically be the benefit for "the movement" ? 8)

so you think they have a responsibility to the movement?

Blase. They have a responsibility to themselves.

Now if you would start talking about the responsibility of the 'our' Western world to the rest of the world,.. then you would have a point. But that is off topic, sorry.
aeiou
writer
writer

Postby pash* » September 8th, 2005, 10:28 am

no one has any responsibylity in this,, we are not in any party or organization, , no one signed a paper with rules and must-do .. .
that's not the same aspect as being part of some scene,, . the thing that you just go and place your stuff without asking anyone is first step to understand this...

it's only stupid that people from "the other" side link it all into one floc... but it's like that you make something and expect that there will be two view points in general,, one of average people going through streets and second from interested individuals who think about it more and orientate in it.. .
pash*
writer
writer

Postby ///EROSIE/// » September 8th, 2005, 10:29 am

Well...it's off topic as much as YOU like...

"They" probably don't care as much as they (or me, or you ) DO care about that thing called "movement"...it's also their (our) audience...the difference between the people that understand or don't understand where things come from. The people that do or don't value things. The people that do or don't give a fuck.

Exactly that fits your topic...talking about responsibility...

What responsibilty you have personally, is partly personal and partly collective...right? Yes, you're born alone, and you will sadly die alone, but in the meantime there's a history, a present and a future... when it comes down to the big "global'picture, or a "superficial" thing like this topic, this forum, this ..."movement".

All aspects have a background, and grow naturally from one thing into another...right? So in that process people take their own stand...they care, don't care, all variations. it's impossible to say people only have a responsiblity to themselves...people never exist alone only.

Apparently not...this topic shows it. the fact you and others post stuff shows it. The fact every person that reads this damn text shows it... And "our" responsibilty to the "rest of the world" starts with yourself right? So what did you do to enlighten "our"and "their "world today?

i added this pink elephant :eleph: ...and you?

:book2:
///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby pash* » September 8th, 2005, 11:10 am

i added also one... right here: Image ;] but does it really mean anything more, , than nice joke?

for me personally,, i take responsibility for me and that is all i can really move with.,, so it means that i behave as i'd like others to behave at least partly,, but i have really small responsibilyty of movement around my city for example, because there are so many shits that i can't do anything with than just to try to show that someone can try harder and maybe better.. .

and that't true that i will allways take a part of responsibility for "the movement" as i will plann to do things which will try to enlight public opinion about street art at least a little.,. becase i also care about what people think about this in general,,, but i can't effect others work and others view point,, and maybe that's rigt ,, because who knows,, which opinion is better that the other.. .
pash*
writer
writer

Postby pash* » September 8th, 2005, 11:15 am

and this discussion is trullllly too offtopic,, so maybe someone can make another one just for this, because to talk about this makes sence more than some pictures shown on the net every day
pash*
writer
writer

Postby errorist » September 8th, 2005, 11:17 am

pash* wrote:but this thing about freedom is absolutely outstanding point of this discussion,,, it depends on each person, ,

yes i aggre it depends of a person but for exemple could influesko made that work with boxes and poorety and coins if he got 2000$ from gallery, NO he would be shit then or erosie with that stickers about studying art....

money change person a bit, belive me.

peace to pink elephant!!!!
errorist
writer
writer

Postby aeiou » September 8th, 2005, 11:26 am

@Erossie: What you do is that you project your vision and values on Cope 2 and his shoemaking, and declare that that waters down the movement.
What it actually does is change your position, because you feel threatened about it, and you don't want to be in the same movement as he is, yet you are.

Or you aren't at all.

And I think you are doing a totally different thing. (and I like it, but I dont want to put a feather in there). :badass:
aeiou
writer
writer

Postby aeiou » September 8th, 2005, 11:28 am

shit typo. eroSie. ssorrry
aeiou
writer
writer

Postby pash* » September 8th, 2005, 11:52 am

to errorist: sure that money changes you,, and also birth of children etc,, , but still not everyone the same ,, or maybe i'm too naive... ;]
pash*
writer
writer

Postby ///EROSIE/// » September 8th, 2005, 12:09 pm

Haha...well...Cope2 is in a very diffferent part of the boat that we sit in...or that I sit in.

He is a very up, Bronx-bombing graffwriter. i'm happyfor him he can earn a living by doing jobs, and "keep it real"on the other part. Ever been to NY? That cat is definetely up. :wink: So RESPECT!

Forget about that waterproof definition "movement" What i meant with that is in an ideal situation; where would WE want to go with this thing ( to get it back to the topic) Why should we want to do exhibitions other than en extra exposure, or a way to sell stuff, and why do something in the streets? not only for your own pleasure purely...that's not true. it's important , but everybody needs the exposure, the competition, the inspiration etc etc.

i think it's an interesting thing that there's really evolving a big variety in forms here...

From text-stickers or stickercoins to fatcaptags, rollerpieces and silkscreened sneakers...

it's not all the same is it?
///EROSIE///
ekosystem family
ekosystem family

Postby errorist » September 8th, 2005, 12:19 pm

pash* wrote:to errorist: sure that money changes you,, and also birth of children etc,, , but still not everyone the same ,, or maybe i'm too naive... ;]

ok, it depends how big prsonality you have!!!

do we have a deal? :)
errorist
writer
writer

Postby errorist » September 8th, 2005, 12:21 pm

///EROSIE/// wrote:From text-stickers or stickercoins to fatcaptags, rollerpieces and silkscreened sneakers...

it's not all the same is it?

it's just a form of expresion, right!
the way you present your idea and what does it says in that way!
errorist
writer
writer

Postby pmh » September 8th, 2005, 1:17 pm

i think that people do gallery shows because its a diffrent way of presenting work than on the street....not meant to replace the streets or be in any way better than the streets....but if you are an artist (working in street 'art') then sometimes you may want to try to put your art out where it wont get buffed in a quick minute, as well as sometimes gallery gives you other options that the street cant (semi permenant space under a roof).... the reason people put art in the streets is to get as many diffrent people to see it, art fans or not....so the gallery is another way of getting your art out there in a warped way - although a lot of the times they are dicks ;), to me its the same as putting up in a 'cool' neighbourhood...

its true doing gallerys changes you - in good and bad ways, but everything changes you and makes you what you are today....yeah doing gallerys can make you a money mad person, but it doesnt mean you definatly will - like someone said, look at barry mcgee...it all depends on the person....the aim should be like alexone or eroise to have gallery work as one aspect of you, not the onlything you do...and if that is all you do, then do it well, its up to you

the thing that fascinated me about street art, sorry to stray off topic, is the freedom it has...to draw whatever you want or whatever you find to show to the whole world, regardless of gallery rules, peoples opinions, fashion trends etc.....the point was to go out and express yourself in the best gallery ever - the streets.....as soon as people start saying "this aint street art cos'....." theyre adding another stupid rule to an art form that i believe should have no rules.

the main thing is to do what you do, to do what your proud of, to make art that you love, and not water it down - for the money, for the streets, for fashion....just do what you do...if you wanna only do gallerys ?give it 100% and be happy, wanna only do streets? give it 100% but be happy and do good work...and screw what everyone else says or thinks...

am i making sense? sorry if not!

PS Eroise - any word of dilly illustrations ;)
pmh
burner
burner

Postby aeiou » September 8th, 2005, 1:31 pm

but what about your art is your art, and the street happens to be your medium of choise? this in contrast to the street being the subject of your work.

My problem with the movement is that it pretends to be total freedom. Yet if somebody would be sponsored by Mc Donalds to paint the chinese wall, he would be excluded from the movement.
The movement would be total freedom if it wasn't a movement.

(on another note: in my opinion McDonalds is the epithomy of Western world Evil, and I think that the Chinese wall are a lot of bricks)

Also I feel the urge to to say that I find all your opinions enourmously enlightning.
aeiou
writer
writer

Postby aeiou » September 8th, 2005, 1:34 pm

And to be fully on topic. Erosie, you should have been at the B'jumps#2
aeiou
writer
writer

Postby pmh » September 8th, 2005, 1:40 pm

but that is freedom! the freedom to choose what to do when offered...would you do it? i wouldnt as i agree with you on that, but some people would...and that diversity in people, good or bad, makes it interesting, and keep forums like this alive!

and hell yeah erosie should have been there (bjmps2 that is)...
pmh
burner
burner

Postby pash* » September 8th, 2005, 2:44 pm

we should make a little propaganda "move Erosie to Backjumps2!" because we'd find more people agee with that.. :D:D

and about that freedom,, sure, , it is cool that diversity and it is also why we need things we don't like, , because it makes you think about it more and then you try to do better your own to get far from that "bad" stuff.. .
pash*
writer
writer

Postby errorist » September 8th, 2005, 5:02 pm

pmh wrote:the thing that fascinated me about street art, sorry to stray off topic, is the freedom it has...to draw whatever you want or whatever you find to show to the whole world, regardless of gallery rules, peoples opinions, fashion trends etc.....the point was to go out and express yourself in the best gallery ever - the streets.....as soon as people start saying "this aint street art cos'....." theyre adding another stupid rule to an art form that i believe should have no rules.

word to that:)
errorist
writer
writer

PreviousNext

Return to Germany